ClearWELL™ is an electronic device that simply clamps onto the wellhead or associated flow-line. The ClearWELL™ unit produces a radio frequency (RF) signal and generates an electric field down the wellbore and throughout the flow-lines. Unlike conventional chemical treatments, which attempt to inhibit scale formation, ClearWELL’s electrical field causes mineral scales to form in suspension in the bulk produced fluid. These crystals are carried out of the well and flow-line with the produced fluid, instead of depositing scales on the walls of the equipment.
Potential cost savings include:
- Reduction of decline in oil production as a direct result of scale
- Avoidance of mechanical well interventions and associated production deferment
- Scale inhibitors and the associated logistics (import, storage, offshore supply) meaning less harmful chemicals having to be used
- Treatment monitoring (samples collection, analysis, interpretation)
- Dosing equipment’s maintenance (Dosing tanks, level gauge, filters, pumps)
- Tubing clean-up
- Limitation of well interventions associated production deferment.